Saturday, July 28, 2012

Review: Revived

Author: Cat Patrick

Release Date: May 8th, 2012

Pages: 336

Synopsis: 

As a little girl, Daisy Appleby was killed in a school bus crash. Moments after the accident, she was brought back to life.

A secret government agency has developed a drug called Revive that can bring people back from the dead, and Daisy Appleby, a test subject, has been Revived five times in fifteen years. Daisy takes extraordinary risks, knowing that she can beat death, but each new death also means a new name, a new city, and a new life. When she meets Matt McKean, Daisy begins to question the moral implications of Revive, and as she discovers the agency's true goals, she realizes she's at the center of something much larger — and more sinister — than she ever imagined.


Genre: Young Adult Science Fiction

My Review:

Let me start out by saying that this book was amazing. I loved it.  I literally finished this in less then a day, it was so fast paced and entertaining. I also loved how this book was a stand alone. Most sci-fi/fantasy or dystopian novels these days usually are in series, so this was a pleasant surprise.

I thought Daisy was a really enjoyable character to read about, along with her supporting cast. Matt and Daisy's relationship was sort of like love at first sight, but the speed of everything made sense in the situation. Also, Daisy and Audrey's relationship was another great relationship to read about. Their friendship was so real and I was really sad when I found out the truth about Audrey. It did, although, add some drama to the story, which was awesome.

Patrick seems to expertly portray each characters emotions in this novel, it's insane. There was no point in the novel where I rolled my eyes or was like 'That would never happen' which I find myself doing a lot in some dystopian literature, so yay to that! This is definitely going in my favorites list now.

So overall, I think this book is definitely worth reading, it will keep you hooked until the very last page. The story really has it all; romance, friendship, life and death.



Rating:

Happy Reading,
Kiersten


1 comments:

Lectus Read said...

Interesting. I'll add it to my list!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com