Monday, August 6, 2012

Review: Nevermore

Author: James Patterson

Release Date: August 6th, 2012

Pages: 368

Synopsis:

One last chance...
For Max, Fang, Angel, Iggy, Nudge, and Gazzy.
Before it all ends.

Are you ready for the final chapter? Are you ready for the ultimate flight? Because THIS IS IT. One last incredible, explosive adventure with an astonishing ending that no one could have seen coming.


Deep breath in, deep breath out. There are so many things I need to say about this book, and this review may be a big jumbled mess once I'm done with it. But, for starters, let me just say that I absolutely loved this book. I finished it in a couple hours and couldn't put it down. 

This book was such an amazing ending to an fantastic series. So, I'm going to warn you now, there will be some spoilers in this review and considering not a lot of people have read this book yet, you may not want to read this right now. Anyways, for those who want to read this, let's get started.  

Genre: Young Adult Action/Science Fiction

My Review: 

Warning: Spoilers below.

First of all, I will admit, I was kind of bored throughout the first 100 pages of the book. Nothing much was happening with Fang's Gang or the Flock. Well, except the fact that (Major Spoiler: Highlight to read.) Maya died.  Let me tell you, I was not expecting that to happen. When it did, though, I was having my own little dance party and jumping around like a maniac...ha ha.  After that incident, Fang decides to leave his gang behind and heads out to find Max and the rest of the flock.

Aside from Fang for a moment, let's talk about Max and Dylan. I found myself rolling my eyes a lot within the first half of the book, because of some things Max said about Dylan. Example: 'Dylan smiled and I felt a tiny thrill run down my spine.' Ugh, gross. The most annoying thing about her saying that was that she literally repeated pretty much the same statement (worded differently) every five pages. I mean come on, we get it already. 

Once again...pretty big spoiler coming up. Read with caution. :)

So, at about page 200, Fang reunited with the flock and him and Max start to get, what's the word for it, interesting, again. Their relationship is a little awkward for about 50 pages, until the big fight happens. (Fang is injured badly and Dylan flies away.) After the fight, some things happen (that I won't say because of spoilers.) and then it's pretty much the ending of the book.

The ending. Holy moly, talk about emotional! For me, I thought the ending of Nevermore was probably the most emotional part out of the whole series, besides that one tear-jerker part in Fang.  I won't go into details about the ending, but let me just say, Fax fans; the ending will leave you very satisfied. I guarantee it. ;)

So yeah, amazing book, awesome series. Definitely check out the Maximum Ride series if you haven't already, you won't regret it. At least, I didn't. 

Happy Reading,
Kiersten









2 comments:

lisab said...

Hi - I'm also on Goodreads and saw your posting about your blog. I'm a new follower! I hope you'll stop by my blog and follow back.

http://bookaholique.blogspot.com/

Frozen in Fiction said...

Thank you so much for the follow! We're following you back now. :)

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com