Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (3)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly post that highlights books we are excited to read hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine.

Title: Counting Backwards
Author: Laura Lascarso
Synopsis: 
Three weeks ago I tried to run away from home. Now all I want is to go back.

When troubled Taylor Truwell is caught with a stolen car and lands in court for resisting arrest, her father convinces the judge of an alternative to punishment: treatment in a juvenile psychiatric correctional facility. Sunny Meadows is anything but the easy way out, and Taylor has to fight hard just to hold on to her sanity as she battles her parents, her therapist, and vicious fellow patients. But even as Taylor struggles to hold on to her stubborn former self, she finds herself relenting as she lets in two unlikely friends-Margo, a former child star and arsonist, and AJ, a mysterious boy who doesn’t speak. In this striking debut, Laura Lascarso weaves together a powerful story of anger and self-destruction, hope and love.


Why are we excited?:
This books seems like a really interesting contemporary with some romance and drama. I don't read contemporary books too often, but this actually looks good.

What book are you waiting for?
Happy Reading,
Kiersten

6 comments:

Kimberley Jones said...

The book sounds great! I definitely have to put it on my TBR :D I did my own Waiting on Wednesday and I choos Taken by Erin Bowman. Visit my post, to find out more about the book :D

Greetings

http://kimberleyjones17.blogspot.de/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday.html

Becca Marie said...

Hello! I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award! Check out my blog (http://hercollegeblog.blogspot.com) for more information.

Becca Marie said...

Just realized you have already accepted the award! Oh well! :)

Frozen in Fiction said...

Thanks anyways for the nomination! It means a lot to us. (:

Frozen in Fiction said...

I checked out your post and commented! (:

Lectus Read said...

It looks pretty interesting!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com